As a attorney in Houston handling sexual assault cases one of the most important things my clients needs to know are the consequences pertaining to different sexual crimes. Thus,it is impostant that the client understand each of the issues outlined below.
- ______ , I understand I Am required to meet the sex offender registration requirements of Chapter 62 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- ______ , I understand I must register with local law enforcement agencies in the city or county where I reside.
- ______ , I understand under certain circumstances I must periodically verify registration information or enter a new registration with local law enforcement agencies in any city, or county where I intent to reside, move, visit or work.
- ______ , I understand I am subject to the above describe registration program and the duty to register does not generally expire until ten years after my sentence or community supervision ends because I will have been convicted or placed on deferred adjudication for on the offense listed below:
- Indecency with a child by exposure;
- Compelling Prostitution;
- A Second conviction for Indecent Exposure;
- Unlawful restraint, kidnapping, or aggravated kidnapping if the judgment or order contains an affirmative finding that the victim was a child under 17 years of age;
- Any substantially similar offense under the law of another state, federal law, or the Uniform Code of Military Justice;
- Any offense resulting in a condition of parole, release to mandatory supervision, or community supervision requiring registration as a sex offender;
- Attempted conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of the offenses list above or below;
______ , I understand I am subject to the above described registration program and duty to register is for the remainder of my life because I have been convicted or placed on deferred adjudication for one of the offenses below:
- Sexual performance by a child;
- Prohibited sexual conduct;
- Indecency with a child by contact;
- Compelling prostitution of Minor;
- Sexual Assault;
- Possession or promotion of child pornography;
- Aggravated kidnapping with intent to violate or abuse the victim sexually;
- Aggravated sexual assault
- Burglary of habitation with intent to commit indecency with a child, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, prohibited sexual conduct, aggravated kidnapping with intent to violate or abuse the victim sexually.
- ______ , I understand I must register as a sex offender regardless of the pendency of an appeal.
- ______ ,I understand that failure to comply with sex offender registration laws is a criminal offense.
Your Houston Sexual Assault attorney needs to know these issues and many more. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any question regarding these type of cases.